Pick Up Points (PUPS) are central to the success of a CSA. PUPS are the places–homes, offices, community centres, etc.–and people who offer to host a collection day for our local produce. If you are interested in hosting a PUP, please register your interest in the comments section below, leaving your contact details and suburb. See a list of current locations here.
As host of a PUP, you are an integral part of helping SA growers supply ecologically- produced, seasonal fresh produce from their family owned farms direct to consumers. PUPS act as the distribution point for Jupiter Creek Farm and other local producers we work with.
As a PUP, besides sharing a vision for a future of ecologically and locally produced fresh food and growing your community, your role is to open a space at your home (business/community centre), to be available for a once-weekly drop-off of subscribers’ produce boxes, to be picked up by subscribers on the same day. You will NOT need to handle money from subscribers.
In most cases, you need to be a subscriber yourself to Jupiter Creek Farm and be willing to host a minimum of 10 subscribers at your location. Ideally, you
- have regular access to email, which we will use to communicate information about your subscribers and notify you of any relevant information.
- have an easily accessible place on the property, such as a verandah, garage or hall, which is shaded, sheltered from wind and rain, and has good lighting, where the boxes can be stored safely and out of the weather. We can help you identify a suitable location if required.
- have no aggressive pets which might frighten or harm visitors or damage produce.
- are willing, if at home, to help subscribers with difficulties they may have e.g. if they forget to or cannot collect their boxes at the allocated time.
- are able to store subscribers’ empty returned boxes to await collection on the next delivery day.
We will ask you to nominate the access times during which subscribers can pick up their boxes on the designated day, (e.g. 3 – 7pm) and to allow some flexibility of arrangements in support of subscribers – as we all have, at times, busy, complex lives. Subscribers are asked to contact their PUP host to arrange out-of-hours collection when absolutely necessary.
Your maximum number of subscribers is limited only by the physical constraints of your premises (e.g. space) and possibly your time constraints, however, PUPS need not be present for deliveries or for the duration of pick-ups. Jupiter Creek Farm is committed to providing you with enough support for you to comfortably fulfill your role as a PUP host. Feedback and queries are always welcomed and promptly responded to. PUP hosts receive a 25% discount on up to 2 boxes of produce per week (web store purchases not included.) We thank you awesome people!